Homeowner’s Insurance

We provide comprehensive insurance of all types.

Wind Rose Insurance

We offer a totally new way of getting your insurance.

Homeowners Insurance:

If you’re like most homeowners in California, your home is your most valuable asset, and should be protected as such. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands the importance of the place you call home.

Wind Rose Insurance Agency will help you find the best homeowners insurance policy that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing.

We offer policies on owner occupied homes, rental properties, vacation homes, condos, and vacant properties. We also do renters insurance.

It’s important to understand that no two homeowner’s insurance policies are created equal though. Different insurance companies offer different levels of coverage, different endorsements and riders, and have different conditions and limitations.


Common Homeowners Insurance Coverages

These are some common coverages you typically see on a policy:

Dwelling — this is the portion of your policy that covers the actual structure (main house). This will cover the cost to rebuild your home. We run a replacement cost analysis on your home to see how much it would actually cost to rebuild to ensure you are properly covered.

Other Structures — this covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, like fencing, driveways, pools, and detached buildings like sheds and garages. Usually this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is but it can be increased if you need more coverage.

Personal Property — this covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, televisions, computers, appliances, etc. Basically, anything that would fall out of your house if you turned it upside down and shook out the contents.

Loss of Use — this covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a loss.

Medical Expense —this covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.

Family/Personal Liability — Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued. In some situations, an Umbrella policy may be necessary to provide extra coverage.

Scheduled Personal Property — Insurance companies add limits to some personal property like jewelry and collectibles.  You might want special coverage for valuables, or collectibles like jewelry, guns, collectibles, rugs, etc.

How to get started with your homeowner’s quote:

Every home is unique, and therefore requires a carefully crafted policy. If you’d like us to review your current policy and provide you with no obligation quotes, contact our office, enter your information on our website or call us 888-657-9795.

Condo and Townhome Insurance

Condo insurance (also referred to as an H0-6 policy) covers your condo unit where your condo association insurance stops. Your association typically insures the physical structure/building and other common areas.

Association by-laws vary, but condo owners are generally responsible for the interior of their unit, or from the drywall in. Things like your floors, walls, cabinets and fixtures that your association’s insurance likely doesn’t cover.

Getting a copy of those by-laws is a good idea so you can understand what your responsibilities are in the event of a claim. We can help you understand the fine print.

Some townhomes are insured like condos, and therefore require an H0-6 policy.  If you live in a townhome, it is important you have the right type of policy.

Wind Rose Insurance Agency is here to help you understand the difference and determine what type of policy you need.


Renters Policy:

Your renter’s policy covers your personal property against theft or damage subject to the limits and deductibles you select. Your renter’s insurance policy also protects you and your family against certain bodily injury and property damage claims for which you are liable. Legal defense is also provided in the event you are sued after a covered loss, subject to the limits you have selected.